Ravenswood Historical Site
2647 Arroyo Road
Ravenswood was built by Christopher A. Buckley Sr., known as the "Blind
Boss" of San Francisco politics in the 1870s and 1880s. While it served as
a summer home for the Buckley family from 1885 to 1920, it was also one of
the larger early vineyards in the Livermore Valley, with 100 acres in grapes
and winery production of 500,000 gallons per year. In 1931, the estate was
acquired by a Catholic order, the Redemptorist Fathers. Called "Villa San
Clemente" by the priests, Ravenswood served as their religious retreat for
more than 30 years. In 1968, Ravenswood was purchased by developer Masud Mehran,
who gave the core 32.6 acres to be used as a park. The 1891 Main House and
1885 Tank House were restored by LARPD in 1979. The 1885 Cottage was
restored in 1986. Ravenswood is on the National Register of Historic
Places, is a State of California Historical Point of Interest and is a City
of Livermore Historic Preservation Landmark Site. Free public tours are
given by costumed docents on the second and fourth
Sundays of each month (except the fourth Sunday in December), from noon to 4 p.m. Two annual community events
are held at Ravenswood: the Old-Fashioned Ice Cream Social on the second
Sunday in August and the Victorian Yuletide on the second Sunday in
- Ravenswood is a lovely 1885-era Victorian country estate in a setting of gardens and palm trees. Rental includes use of the main house, grounds and gazebo.
- Free docent tours are held the second and fourth Sunday of each month at Ravenswood from noon to 4 p.m.
- Open house for prospective renters, florists, caterers and event planners are encouraged to visit Ravenswood during the tour hours to familiarize themselves with the facility. (appointments are recommended).
- Available weekends, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m in summer months and 10:00 a.m. to 6 p.m. during winter season.
- It is also available to rent during weekdays. Please call for more information.
- Maximum capacity is 150 seated inside/outside May 1 to Oct. 31. A maximum of 70 can be seated banquet style inside.
- Rental includes use of 29 six-foot rectangular tables and 150 chairs. Setup and take down of tables and chairs and use of the kitchen are included in the fee. Round tables and umbrellas are also available with rental of the venue. Catering, decorating and clean up are the responsibility of the renter.
- Wedding/wedding reception events package includes an hour of rehearsal and liquor permit.
- Alcohol is allowed with permit. Beer, wine and champagne only; no hard alcohol is allowed.
- Bands are not allowed; DJs and certain acoustical instruments are acceptable.