Things to do at the RLCC
- Special events: Various special events are held at the community center throughout the year including Children's Fair in September, Halloween Carnival in October and Breakfast with Santa in December.
- Classes and programs: The community center plays host to many of LARPD’s classes and programs and special events that cover a wide variety of interests. Many classes are ongoing, while some only hold a single session. To learn more about the district’s current offerings, read the Brochure.
- Senior Services: A wing of the Community Building operates as a Senior Services Center for the community. Recreational, educational and life-enriching activities are offered on weekdays, plus additional day and overnight trips are available each season. A daily lunch program is available Monday through Friday.
- Aquatics: The community center features two swimming pools for public use. The lap pool is open year-round, and the activity pool is open seasonally. In addition to a variety of swimming lessons, the aquatics staff also offers classes in snorkeling and scuba diving, plus drop-in water polo.
- Gymnasium: The gymnasium, located in the Recreation Building, has drop-in hours for basketball Monday through Saturday. Adult leagues play basketball and volleyball, and classes and camps provide instruction for volleyball, basketball, soccer, baseball, cheerleading and other sports.
- Hanging Art Exhibit: The main lobby of the Community Center and the Senior Services' Vintage Lounge feature a hanging art exhibit available to community groups to display their art. Visitors to the Community Center can view the art gallery for free.
- Elbow Room: While the Elbow Room no longer operates as a teen center, it is currently available for party rentals for all ages. It offers a game room and lounge, a foosball table, basketball game, Wii game console, sound system, 42-inch flat panel TV, refrigerator with freezer and a microwave. Party food and non-alcoholic beverages may be served at the bar.
- Tot Drop: Tot Drop operates seven Bay Area locations, including one at the Robert Livermore Community Center. The multi-age "on-demand preschool" is available to children from ages 1 to 5. Families can book appointments and pay by the hour. For more information, call 925-284-3999. Starting March 22, 2011, Tot Drop is moving to the Carnegie Building at Fourth and J streets in downtown Livermore.
- Facility rentals: The community center provides a variety of options for both residents and non-residents to rent space for events and meetings. The gymnasium is available to rent for various sports activities and trade shows. Children’s party packages are available inside and at the swimming pool.
- Community park: The park adjacent to the community center features baseball and soccer fields, sand volleyball courts and picnic tables. Lighted tennis courts offer the public a place to play during the day or evening.
- Café: A café is operated seasonally in the recreation building by an outside caterer. Sandwiches, drinks and snacks are for sale, with tables and chairs inside and outside.